Friday, January 16, 2009

Treasure chest....

This NY Times article The 11 Best Foods You Aren't Eating was republished recently. It first appeared in the Times last summer.

I'm taking a poll. I'm curious to learn how many of you out there have two or more items on this list in your pantry or fridge today? Now, be honest.

I only have three, possibly five if you substitute the juice for the actual prune and the kraut for the cabbage. Yeah, I know...TMI.

I currently have sardines, cinnamon, and frozen blueberries in stock. I do eat beets and cabbage occasionally and love them both. I also enjoy pumpkin and pumpkin seeds so I'll be eating more of those and, of course, pomegranate juice is sooo delicious.

Anyway, the list is worth sharing if you haven't already seen it.

4 comments:

loriborealis said...

Cinnamon sprinkled on coffee everday. Frozen bluberries, sardines (love them). Does pomegranate tea count? We actually eat fresh pomegranates when we can get them. And sauerkraut (cabbage).

Cindy Lynn said...

I have frozen bluberries, cinnamon, and pomegranate juice and tea. There is cabbage in the baked spring rolls I have. I also only buy the mixed salad greens that have certain types of lettuce in them with the swiss chard (and other dark green leaves). I've never tried sardines though.

Lynne said...

So far you guys are doing really well. You surpassed my inventory. Way to go! Cindy - you'll need to come over and I'll serve you some sardines. You'll love 'em. Promise!

Lynne

James Di Fiore said...

i have 4, but I dare say cinnamon should not really count. I also have cabbage, pumpkin seeds and sardines.